Monday, July 1, 2019

HOT STUFF

You know you're getting old when the phrase "Hot Stuff" refers to your heating pad.  My heating pad has become my very best friend and has traveled to Alaska and back with me. Thankfully I didn't need it on our travels but it is getting a work out now. Today I combined "Hot Stuff" with "Happy Hour". I can remember WAY back to the 60's when I first started teaching and every Friday the entire staff of my school, who's average age was about 26, would tear out of the school parking lot and head to "Robins Point", the local watering hole, where Happy HOUR lasted well into the night. Sometimes   it even overflowed into  the entire weekend and possibly didn't end till school opened on Monday. Ahhhhhhhhhh . . .  the good old days.

 Now Happy Hour takes on a whole new meaning when Hot Stuff and I lie down for a happy hour or more of napping. And those aren't the only things that have changed.  Now when a man say's, "Hey there, let's get 'busy'", it no longer means sex, it now means EXACTLY what it says, you are about to be busy washing windows or mowing the lawn. Likewise a "Romp in the hay" refers to going out to the yard and raking up the cut grass. "Lets go shopping" does not mean you are going to the Mall, it means going to True Value or the Auto parts store. (Do you know how many tractor supply stores there are in Michigan and Alaska alone?) If you get real lucky you might just get to go to the Dollar store!  "How about we have dinner out" translates to eating outside on the patio or possibly going to KFC or Burger King.

The first time I was flying up to Michigan to visit The Man he told me he would have the "frozen Pasties" ready for when I arrived. I thought I was going to be in for a fun evening since in my vocabulary "Pasties" were the things strippers wore on their boobs. I figured "Frozen Pasties" were some sort of Kinky thing that people from Michigan were into. Much to my disappointment I found out that Pasties, in this part of the country, are large meat and vegetable filled pastries that you eat for dinner.  Dwayne totally confused me when he said he was going to have a "Pork chop" before dinner. I wondered why he would eat a pork chop BEFORE dinner since the pasties are HUGE. Come to find out he and his buddies up here refer to beer as pork chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment