Wednesday, July 24, 2019

PEOPLE ARE WEIRD !

Have you noticed that everyone around you is NUTS ?  Do you find yourself surrounded by idiots ?
Is it obvious to you that in order to have an intelligent conversation you have to talk to yourself ?
If this isn't the case then stop reading right now because you are one of the thousands who are giving me food for blogging.

You really can't survive this world without a good sense of humor and the ability to shake your head and walk away.  People who experience Road Rage have not developed that ability. Most politicians are not able to listen without reacting. That person in back of you on line who is muttering and bouncing on their toes for you to hurry up really needs to work on filtering out the stupid, unimportant things that are annoying them.

The human race is proof that God has a sense of humor. I've been thinking that people are Gods version of You Tube's "Fails". (In case you don't have grand kids let me explain. There are hundreds, possibly thousands of home videos showing just how dumb mankind is.) I can picture God sitting in his Lazy Boy recliner laughing so hard at the antics of his human creations that He pees His robe.  I think the reason He keeps us around is because we are constantly providing Him with so much entertainment

Each and every day I encounter at least one situation that is worth laughing at and blogging about. Unfortunately I DO have other things to do with my life so I tuck these events in the far reaches of my brain and when something else triggers my memory you get a new blog. Sadly my brain does not retain as much as it used to so there are days when nothing comes to mind.  Those are the days that I sit like a cauliflower on the couch and watch endless movies on Netflix. Which is pretty much how I spent my afternoon today until I had to go out side to bring my garbage and recycling to the curb. That triggered the memory of the memo sent by my community regarding people who are putting their recycling in other peoples recycling bins. THE HORROR !!  Can you believe there is someone out there getting upset enough about this that they have to call the condo association? Then there are the folks who are so "rule" conscious that they complain about EVERYTHING. If the rules say you can't put your garbage out until AFTER 6 PM the night before garbage pick-up and you happen to be leaving town at 4 PM and don't want to leave a bag of stinking trash in your house . . . Well too bad for you because the garbage police will tattle on you. And how about when you go to the Post Office to track a package and you wait in line for 15 minutes only get to the counter to be told you need to stand in a different line? Does not EVERY postal worker have a computer at their finger tips where they can type in your "tracking" number ? (I tried to do it at home and the damn computer kept telling me I didn't have a valid number.) But no, go to another line and wait there another 10 minutes just to be told the package, that has been in the mail for two and a half weeks and still not arrived, is on the truck and will be delivered today.
These are the things that we need to ignore but when they are happening to me I become that person that I blog about. I turn into the nut case who stomps out of the PO swearing under her breath that the USPS is run by a bunch of idiots. But then as I drive home I start to laugh at myself because I see just how silly it is to get upset at this stuff. Are the folks who are sitting at home with their binoculars watching the neighbors on trash day crazy ? Absolutely !!  Should I let them upset me ?? NO !!
We can't dictate the actions of others but we can decide how we will react  . . . And that's why I blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment