Saturday, May 2, 2020

STATING THE OBVIOUS

By now it should be obvious . . . I do not live well with others ! Well, I guess I should be more specific . . . MEN !  I do not like sharing my life, space, TV,  food, and just about anything else that goes along with existing on a daily basis with a member of the opposite sex.  I think I've put my time in after 46 years of marriage and yet here I find myself in the same position once again. Now don't get me wrong . . . both Husband and D were and are very good people but stating the obvious . . . They ARE men and I just have many many issues with these strange and alien creatures. For one . . . They are just plain DUMB with a capital "D". Not dumb in the sense of not intelligent because both guys are very smart and know a lot about many different things.  They are just DUMB when it comes to living with me.  (I guess to be fair that really is an impossible situation for anyone to be put in, except for my BFF's Sharon, Jeanne and Glo. These women get me and if I am being stupid they call me on it as only a best friend can.  And I really appreciate that.  I would expect no less . )

I think this "self isolation" is getting to me more than I realized. By May first, hell, by April first , Mr Man would have been out of my life and back in Michigan doing his own thing as only a man can do. I would normally be here "recharging" in my happy little home . . .  getting up when I want, eating when I want and doing what I want.  I would be visiting with my girlfriends and family when and where I chose. I would be watching all the silly, sappy movies that I wanted at all hours of the day and night and I would be ALONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Thanks a million Covid 19 for this quarantine where I am living 24/7 with this man.  I probably would be getting crazy no matter who I was living with at this point but I KNOW I would be happier than a pig in poop if I were alone.  Alone is my natural and most comfortable state of being. I LOVE not having to talk to anyone for days on end. When that starts to get to me I can go out, socialize with friends and family and then return to my state of "Hermitude" .         Maybe I was a hermit crab in a past life ?

When alone I can "digest" information at my own pace. Take for example an article in the daily paper or a story on the news.  (Not that I would be watching the news if I were here alone but we will use that for arguments sake.)  A story comes on the news . . . I hear it, possibly consider it for all of three seconds and dismiss it without a second thought.  NOT so with a man in the house. A news story comes on, The Man (and this goes for Husband and D) listens intently, ( an action that I would never have thought possible considering the attention I get when I say anything), and then they are off and running for the next half hour, (if not for the next half day or week depending on the story), "pontificating" on what they just heard.  References will be made to past events dating back to the Stone Age and possibly the Civil War just to make more of a point. The twenty second news story will become the MOST important topic of conversation in the last three weeks. The Man will become more of an authority on this topic of news than the most gifted contestant on Jeopardy.

This is exactly the point at which I shut down and go into MY "Nothing Box".  (And you thought women didn't have a "Nothing Box !).

It is obvious to me I NEED some serious alone time here. Anyone want to adopt Mr. Man ?


No comments:

Post a Comment