Thursday, August 11, 2011

CHOCOLATE . . . CHOCOLATE . . . CHOCOLATE

I know where I want to go to die. Elephants have secret burial grounds where they go to die and I think Hershey Park is going to be my burial ground. AHHHHHHH  the smell of chocolate in the morning, noon and night. I could get used to this.
We had an interesting night at our lovely motel in Denver, PA last night. A very nice Comfort Inn with a pool that we took advantage of in the afternoon and a fantastic breakfast that we more than took advantage of this morning. As for getting a good nights sleep, that remains to be seen. You know I am a sleepy head and HATE HATE HATE early mornings. I'm not to happy with late mornings either but I can at least pretend to handle them. Then there are these two wackos that are my BFF's. Jeanne and Sharon both are EARLY early birds. I mean, like 5 AM early ! But Jeanne out did herself this morning. She fell asleep last night at 8:30. Sharon and I were tired but not that tired. One minute the 3 of us were talking and the next minute there were snores coming from the cot. Sure enough, sleeping beauty was out like a light. So I blogged and Sharon read till around 10:30 and then I called it a night. At 5 AM I woke up to Jeanne coming INTO the room. I rolled over and went back to sleep. At 7:30 I woke up to Sharon getting dressed, taking pills and leaving the room. At 8:30 I got up when Sharon returned to the room and she and I left a sleeping Jeanne to go get some breakfast. We brought back some breakfast to Jeanne and woke her around 9:30. Come to find out, Jeanne was up and dressed at 3 AM. She went out for a cigarette, drove across the street to get the car gassed up and to get a cup of tea. When I heard her at 5 she was returning to bed for another 4 hours sleep. THESE WOMEN ARE CRAZY ! And Ger thinks I wander the house at night. I get up to pee and that's it! These nuts are out driving around the neighborhood and goodness knows what else. But I fixed that! Tonight we are staying in a Days Inn that is not quite as nice as our hotel last night. It has a lot of fisherman and work men staying here and the girls are a bit nervous so I hope that keeps them in bed or at least in the room. But then I should be careful what I wish for. I can just picture the TV going on at 3 AM because one of them can't sleep. Good thing I can sleep through anything.
But if I wake up to the rattling of candy papers I am going to be up like a shot so I don't miss out. Once we got on the road today we found Hershey Chocolate Factory and took the tour. Big Whoop . . . it was cute but a big nothing. THEN, we found the candy/gift shop and look out ! Kid in a Candy Shop has a whole new meaning. I have never seen so much chocolate in one place. We shopped and shopped and shopped and every one in our family is getting something. We shopped so much we needed to take a break and have a milk shake to renew our strength. When we were finally recovered we headed back out to the car and off again down the road to our next stop in PA. (And Sharon said we wouldn't find anything interesting to see.) Tonight we are staying just off the PA Turnpike on our way to see Frank Loyd Wright's house, Falling Waters. Unfortunately we found out too late that we needed to buy tickets ahead of time so we don't know if we will even get near it. But tomorrow we'll get up and drive another 20 miles and give it a try. After that we have to get serious and get to Columbus, OH where Lynne is waiting for us to come visit her.
I think it is a good thing we aren't headed cross country. If it has taken us 2 days to go 200 miles we would need about 3 years to make it to California.

No comments:

Post a Comment