Wednesday, August 24, 2011

THANK YOU IRENE

  Since my return to Florida I have had Husband following me like white on rice. It is to the point of "stalker" status. I open the door to the bathroom and there he is! He has even gone so far as to offer to help me in the kitchen! I know H missed me while I was on my hiatus with the girls but this has gone too far. Bringing me a balloon at the airport was so out of character for him that I should have know what I was in for.
But then Irene arrived. . .  it took another woman to get the attention off me and I DO appreciate it so very much. Irene has been around for about 3 weeks now. We first heard of her when the weather man  saw her forming off the coast of Africa. She wasn't even a tropical depression yet but the weather man knew she would be something to watch. Irene has not disappointed anyone and has in fact become a hurricane and H is in love with her. While I was away I got daily up dates on Irene each time I called home. (There is no panic in Ohio about hurricanes.) I heard how Irene was growing, moving, changing and most important of all, (please read this with awe and amazement in your voice!) WHERE THE CONE OF PROBABILITY WAS !  OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO . . . .  THE ALL POWERFUL AND WISE                        CONE OF PROBABILITY !              (Think Wizard of Oz)
Anyway Irene has taken the heat off me and has captured H's attention totally. The TV is on ALL day and H is glued to it.
BUT THEN . . .    WHAT  . . . . COULD IT BE ?   AN EARTHQUAKE ?  That was the best thing that could have happened just when Irene was heading out to sea and avoiding Florida, AN EARTHQUAKE hits Virginia and the TV news is all over it in a matter of seconds. That was worth a good 24 hours of non stop coverage that kept H busy for all of yesterday and much of today.
I am very sorry to take advantage of natural disasters that are plaguing the nation but if it keeps H in front of the TV and not breathing down my neck (literally) I say "GOOD LUCK FOLKS, MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU" but bring it on! (God will probably punish me for this, no doubt, but I will take my chances) I am laughing with my Gal Pals that if you hear of a sudden out break of "disasters" it could be me calling in bomb threats or such. (JUST KIDDING FBI, CIA . . .   JUST KIDDING) The gals and I decided I would never be charged by a female judge. She would probably wonder why she never thought of it!
And so the last few days have been fairly quiet in my world. I went to the dentist ALONE yesterday. Went for a wonderful massage ALONE today and plan on a trip to the chiropractor tomorrow but that one may include H. He likes to drive me there and wait and then go to dinner. I can deal with that. I do need my alone time these next couple of weeks in order to be ready for our month in England. That is really living together 24/7 so I will hope for a little more news coverage on the hurricane heading north and await the next BREAKING NEWS to give me a few hours to myself.
As for the rest of you . . . you are on your own to find ways to escape the beloved husbands. I figure most of you up north will have it made with Irene heading your way but just in case you need some help I am up for making anonymous phone calls to the local TV stations in your area. Just say the word and I'll see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment