Sunday, August 21, 2011

HOME AGAIN

The road trip is over, we have spent 2 days with Smith while his mom and dad were at work and now it is back to the old routine which is anything but dull.
As you can see from the smiling faces we had a great time on our road trip to Ohio and a great time while in Ohio.  We had great weather, interesting conversations and lots and lots of laughs. There was the stop at Hershey and the resulting 5 pound weight gain. There was the trip to Falling Water, (the house in the back ground of this picture) and a great time spent with Lynne in Columbus. Lynne is  very New York but she has found her niche in Columbus. We met a few of her new friends and thoroughly enjoyed our stay with her in her new home. She wined us and dined us and showed us the sights, (both of them) until it was time for us to head for home.
I hated leaving Sharon and Jeanne but I think Jeanne was ready for me to go so she could catch up on her sleep. Remember, she is the one who likes to wander around at 3 in the morning. I was ready to come home to Florida to catch up on some sleep but that had to wait till after Friday. I never like leaving Sharon because our friendship is so easy and relaxed. Now that I am home I have to watch what I say. No chance of that happening when I am with Sharon. We just open our mouths and say what we are thinking and no one ever gets insulted, hurt or pissed. We just yack and yack and yack and laugh and laugh and laugh. How wonderful !
But leaving wasn't too bad this trip because I knew I was returning to spending 2 days with Smith while his parent's were working. Seems that his day care decided to close for "vacation" the week that teachers had to return to school. Seems pretty dumb to me but there were K&K with no one to watch Smith. Kristen took the last 3 of her vacation days to stay home with the little man but then Grandma and Grandpa came to the rescue for Thursday and Friday. Ger picked me up at the airport with a "Welcome Home" balloon and a big cup of ice cold crystal light. I think he must have missed me! We drove right from the airport to Ft. Lauderdale where we had a hotel room for 2 nights so we could be at Smith's at 7:30 in the morning. In spite of the fact that I did not get my normal 10-12 hours sleep for the past 10 days I did great getting up for my little guy. But you know that when he napped, Grandma napped too.

 We had some great fun with the dish washer. Never mind the 200 toys the boy has to play with, the dish washer was the best fun.  We spent about a half hour taking things out and putting things in. I can only hope that he learned this skill from his daddy but I fear his dad is more like grandpa who still doesn't know what a dish washer is for.

And all that work sure does make a little guy thirsty. The first afternoon we went over to the lovely out door pool at our hotel where we swam for about an hour. We stopped and got lunch for Gma and Gpa and Smith helped us eat most of it. I had brought his baby food with us but he preferred the burger, fries and milk shake.

On Friday we took a trip to Home Depot where Smith practiced his driving in the HUGE shopping cart shaped like a car. The little guy just sat up there like he was king of the road and drove his way through the store.  When he got tired of that he got down and pushed the cart around the store. He did make quite a hit with all the shoppers and employees. Even those hard hat construction workers had to stop and smile.

And now we are home! Yesterday I slept late and napped about 3 times during the day. I still had trouble staying awake at mass. Today was a lazy day with lunch out and Skype calls with Kyle and family, who had a fantastic time on their Disney cruise. Before we talked to Kyle Keri, Kaelin and Finley called to see how we were doing. Finn is sitting up in his special little chair and smiling all the time, especially when he sees his sister.  Finley and Kaelin will be hosting cousin Abby this week for 3 days while Bridget takes Roman to Penn to visit a friend of his from the orphanage in the Ukraine. Bridget, in a moment of temporary insanity, decided to fly from London to DC with the 2 kids. She will then go to Richmond to her parents house, take one of their cars, drop Abby at Aunt Keri's house and continue on to Pittsburgh with Roman for a 2 day visit with his friend and his adopted family. Kyle will remain in Windsor clapping his hands that he is not on this insane trip. As I said to Bridget tonight, THE THINGS WE DO FOR OUR KIDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment