Sunday, August 7, 2011

I WOULD HAVE WRITTEN BUT . . .

Where would you like to start on the list of excuses ?
The key reason you haven't heard from me is I was sick.  I am talking SICK with a capitol "S". Sick to the point where I actually considered (very very briefly) cancelling my NY trip.  But I have recovered, more or less and I am heading out the door tomorrow morning for 10 days with my BFFs. So do not expect to hear from me for at least 10 days unless we run out of things to talk about and you know that AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN !
Two weeks ago I got some stomach virus that just about killed me.  Went to the doc 3 times, added a UTI to the mix of pain and suffering and finally, finally am starting to feel normal.  I have never had something take so long to get out of my system.  I was actually afraid to eat and that NEVER happens.  I had myself on death's door and ready to say the big farewell. Thankfully Smith and fam came up this weekend and cured me of all the yucks so grandma is ready to fly off into the wild blue tomorrow AM.  Ger is such a good guy, (yes, I did say that of the man I wanted to kill only a few weeks ago.) He will suffer through 10 days of taking care of him self, feeding himself,  entertaining himself, and cleaning for himself. (I don't believe for a minute he is going to clean but I like to dream.) He will miss me . . .  so he has told me several times today. Yes, it is sad to leave this grown man all by himself but I do get over it very very quickly. Like by the time I am  out of the car at the airport and checked my bags, I am oh so very OVER IT!  I think of these travel times as reality checks for H. He needs refresher classes every so often to remind him of the fact that he is quite capable of taking care of himself. Otherwise H would slowly drift into a comatose state of leachdom where he would expect the entire world to just fall at his feet. So reality check it is and good bye mamma I'm off to see the world.
It was great to have Smith and family here this weekend. It was a hot weekend and we did lots of swimming. Smith was fantastic and is still playing around with walking on his own. He was doing great holding on to grandma and grandpa's hands and almost running down the street. He is very impressed with himself and thinks he is just the best little guy in the world.
We talked to Kyle and Family from Barcelona on Friday. That group is off sailing the Mediterranean on a Disney cruise for the week and to say that Abby and Roman were excited just doesn't describe the two of them. Happy sailing guys, say "hola" to Mickey for me.
Keri and family Skyped us today to catch cousin Smith while he was here and they too are doing great. Kaelin is her usually "Hurricane Hattie" self and was all over the place while her brother Finn just sat in mom's lap and grinned at all of us. Finn is 4 months old now and really getting nosey. He thinks his sister is pretty funny and laughs when ever she is around.  We'll see how long that lasts!
SOOOOOOOOOOOO,   hope this will hold you over for a while.  You never know when I may get a moment to write. I hate to disappoint you but you realize that what ever happens on the road stays on the road and you may never hear any of the tales of this adventure.  But considering it is 3 Senior Citizen's in their 60's that may be a very good thing. You really don't need to know how may bathroom stops it took to get from NY to Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment