Wednesday, August 31, 2011

THERE ARE JUST SOME DAYS . . .

There are just some days when you don't want to be married and today is one of those days. Husband is either getting his period or I am tired. Maybe it is a case of both. It's just one of those days when no matter what I say I am getting an argument so I thought I'd escape to the computer and not talk.
If you don't think men get hormonal just live with one for 40 years and you'll see that we women are not the only ones to get "moody". I just love when H says to me, "You're in a mood!" No shit Sherlock! And why do you suppose I am in that mood?   DUH !  I'm the first to admit I get "in a mood" and I know exactly WHY I am in that mood. I have yet to EVER "get in a mood" when spending time with my gal pals. These moods of mine only happen when I am with you know who.  It does not take rocket science to figure that out.
But male moods are more difficult to diagnosis. They usually don't come on as often as female moods but when they do they last for days. I have figured out that Man Moods usually are triggered by the man feeling ignored. This could be a result of the woman having a thousand things to take care of while the man just sits in front of the TV. Wife is busy trying to keep it all running smoothly so H won't get in a mood but as a result she ends up "ignoring" the poor man. Because wife is busy H is left to entertain himself and that is not a good thing. Men fall into 2 categories when it comes to filling time. They are either sooooooooo involved with a thousand different projects or they do nothing. Neither of these is good! Doing nothing allows the man to realize just how lonesome he is. They tend to start following us around trying to get our attention with senseless chatter which does nothing but piss us off even more so  they just sit getting more and more into their mood. Those darling husbands who run around doing doing doing are even more annoying because we all know a man cannot "DO" anything alone and will constantly be interrupting you for your "help".
I have yet to find a cure for the male mood. We women will realize how we are feeling and take steps to remove ourselves from the source of our mood. We take a walk ALONE, get on the computer ALONE, or go shopping ALONE. Men, first off, NEVER realize or admit they are "in a mood". They will tell you they are fine should you be so brave as to ask them what is wrong. Then they will give you 50 reasons why you must be the one with a problem because they are feeling just fine.  It is always a case of "I'm fine, it's the rest of the world that is crazy." And then they look at you like you are nuts for thinking they are moody. And now, because you have brought this up, the man now has to prove to you that he is NOT "in a mood". He will get up and start doing something just to prove he is fine. H has been known to clean the garage just to show me he is fine. This is a good thing so in the long run it can pay off.
Usually about 2 days later H will come up to me and apologize for being in a mood. I guess he starts thinking about his behavior and realizes he was a jerk.
My response is usually, "Oh, were you in a mood? I hadn't noticed."

1 comment:

  1. I wish there was a LIKE button for this post. ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete