Tuesday, August 9, 2011

ROAD TRIP

And so it begins . . .    I am in NY and we are packing the car and leaving tomorrow morning for our 3 day trip to Ohio.  The drive is a 10 hour drive but we will take 3 days. In spite of what my BFF's tell me I know we will find many adventures along the way.  Like Hershey Park ! There we were today in the AAA with both my buds telling me there is NOTHING to see between NY and Ohio when low and behold I look at the map and there, jumping out at me, is Hershey Park! And they say there is NOTHING? I mean, we are talking the Mecca of chocolate lovers and they call this NOTHING? Well, let me tell you that stop NUMBER ONE on our journey West will be Hershey, PA.  I have been to Hershey Park but NEVER NEVER NEVER been to the chocolate factory! It is a must ! So the plan is to leave tomorrow, head West and make it to the chocolate factory. From there on it is hit or miss but I figure it will take Sharon and Jeanne at least 6 hours to get me out of the chocolate vats. I hope they aren't just teasing me when they tell me there is a FREE candy for everyone at the end of the tour. Do you think I should bring a few disguises so I can go on the tour more than once?
We figure we will stay in a hotel some where in the vicinity of Hershey, take some time to sit by a pool and then move on out the next day to see what else we can find along the way. I'm thinking we can maybe find a corn maze, the world's biggest tomato or some such other nonsense to occupy our time. We will arrive in Columbus, OH on Friday where we will hook up with a friend of ours and stay with her for the weekend so she can show us the sights of her new home town.
No matter what we find or don't find I know we will have a GREAT time and probably laugh ourselves silly. This evening Sharon and I were checking out some computer games and we got playing "Bookworm".  I have never played this game and probably wouldn't have wanted to play if it was just me. A speller I am not nor am I great at jumbles. But playing with a friend was totally great and worth the pain in my side from laughing.
That is the very best thing about spending time with these 2 women . . . the laughter just goes on and on.
So keep us in your prayers that we will have a safe journey and we will be thinking of all of you and wishing you as much fun as I know we will be having.
If you're really lucky I will get to post along the way but no promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment