Monday, August 22, 2011

YOGURT FINGER PAINT ?

I just read Kristen's blog for today and am rolling on the floor laughing.  Check out  "K.Law:Inspired@blogspot.com". Kristen is too funny when talking about Smith. I will get the whole story and let you know more about this adventure in finger painting.  I never thought to try painting with yogurt but WHY NOT?
As for me, today is the beginning of the preparations for England. We will be leaving in just under a month so the suitcase (ONE) came out today to start packing. Since we are taking my sister-in-lawAnn Marie and her daughter with us we are limiting ourselves to one suitcase and one suitcase only. The Queen of fashion (Ann Marie) usually packs two HUGE suitcase when she comes to visit us for 2 weeks. This will be 4 weeks away and she can only bring one suitcase.  This should get interesting! Ann has been packing and unpacking for the past 4 months. Her suitcase has taken up permanent residency on the guest room bed and she tells us daily what she has packed and what she has returned to the closet. Ann Marie is an absolutely stunning woman with a fab figure, great hair, makeup, nails and clothes. In other words, she is every thing I am not! And the fact that she is 10 years older than me just twists the knife of envy. But I love her like a sister and we really have a great time when we travel together. One of my friends was asking if a month with Ann will be too much. IMPOSSIBLE! If anything Ann Marie will get sick of me long before I tire of her company. She is a fantastic travel partner and she and I get to exchange  looks when her brother, my darling husband, does stupid things.
I just got off the phone with Ann Marie and she is so excited about this trip. Her daughter is a seasoned traveler so we don't have to worry about her packing too much. Today's question from Ann was what she could bring for Abby and Roman.  Good question! I'll forward that right to Kyle and Bridget. I have already picked up a little something for the kids. It has to be something small, light weight and non breakable. A make your own chocolate bar from Hershey Park should just hit the spot.
As for other preparations, Ger and I had doctor visits today. Ger went for his yearly physical and got the thumbs up once again. For an old guy he is doing great. The man continues to only take one medication for his thyroid. His BP is that of a 20 year old and his lab tests usually come out perfect. I went to the cardiologist for my 6 month check and I too got a thumbs up. Actually lost a pound since my last visit, the EKG was the same as always and the old ticker is ticking away just fine. Tomorrow I go to the dentist for my annual check up and cleaning and next week H and I will go to the dermatologist for our 6 month check.
The count down has begun, we are checking all the small stuff, dotting the "i's" and crossing the "t's" and waiting for a hurricane to hit on Friday. My plants need watering so that is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment